Senior Electrical Engineer – Team Lead
The Senior Electrical Engineer (Team Lead) is overall in charge of the engineering and technical aspect of the project. He specializes in electrical and electronics, but has a good system view. He is responsible for the whole project in terms of design performance and to ensure the accomplishment of all tasks required within the contractual schedule. The other responsibilities include:
- To assist the Project Manager in the development of the project plan.
- To assist the BU Head to manage Electrical Engineering team.
- To supervise the respective system and subsystem design, development and fabrication.
- To manage the system configuration.
- To ensure that the design plan is drawn up for the design process.
- Coordinate system development tasks to include design, integration and formal testing.
- Oversees all technical transitions into production.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution.
- Manage and document system configuration.
- To analyse customer’s requirements as well as conduct project conceptual and feasibility studies prior to design.
- To ensure adequate design reviews are conducted for product design improvement.
- To ensure that design verifications and design validations are carried out to confirm design with the assistance from relevant system/subsystem engineers.
- To assist the Project Manager in the dealing with major subcontractors and suppliers, and to monitor their technical performance to ensure compliance.
- Liaison between HOPE Technik and customer for all technical issues.
- Responsible for the system architecture to ensure it meets safety requirements.
- Ensure that system safety plans are implemented in the sub-systems.
- Organises and ensures technical milestones are met.
- Proficient understanding of web markup including HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of JS library and framework including Bootstrap, AngularJS, and ReactJS
- Good knowledge of asynchronous request handling and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of WebSockets
- Proficient in version control tools, preferable using Git
- Software testing and release cycles
- Experience in test automation and Test Driven Development
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Computer or equivalent
- More than 5 years of system engineering experience.
- Experience in leading a team of between 3-6 engineers.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
- Results oriented, metrics driven and capable of working in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Technical knowledge to work with electrical, mechanical and Software architecture.
- Advanced hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Ability to prioritize, make decisions and execute tasks in an ever-changing environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and maintain quality standards
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication (oral & written), customer service skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of Basic microcontroller programming, PCB design, PLC, power electronics, wireless communication, motors and actuators.
- Appreciation of design and prototype mechanical system including areas such as drive train design, structure design, airflow management, shock and vibration design.